Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bicycle Addiction

On Friday, I found an old Fuji Regis at a thrift store for cheap. I just couldn't resist. Took it home and all I had to do was clean--it rode pretty nice as is.

I didn't have a tape measure at the store, but I could stand over the top tube. There wasn't much room--less than the recommended one inch, probably. At home, I measured it and the frame is a humongous 58 cm! I was shocked.

My size is 56 cm, so at 53, the Shogun is too small for me. Even with the seat fairly high, it doesn't feel as though I'm really extending my legs fully when I pedal. And when I'm in the drops, I feel scrunched up over the bars and unbalanced, like my weight is centered too far forward. I have long legs and arms for someone 5'9".

Now, riding the Regis feels GREAT. I'm centered when I'm riding the drops. My legs feel good when they're pedaling. When I dismount, I usually tilt the bike to make sure I get extra clearance, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

My small studio is getting quite cramped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home